East Anglia School of Acting
Every year the 18 prestigious and accredited Drama schools in the UK receive thousands of applications for their acting courses. These courses sometimes have as few as 24 places available and many of these conservetoir report that only around 1% of all applicants succeed in gaining a place. As a result many people who would ideally have liked to have embarked on a course of study at one of these institutions find themselves without a place. It may be the case that these prospective students decide to re-audition the following year but have a whole academic year to wait until they will have the opportunity.
The East Anglia School of Acting is designed for students wishing to undertake 1 year of practical training prior to becoming a professional actor or prior to embarking on a 3 year drama school or degree course to further their studies. We pride ourselves in demanding the highest expectations of our students offering a firm foundation in skills and an opportunity for preparation in and exploration of our art form in a secure environment.
1YPD - One Year Preparation Diploma
Our one year preparation diploma comprises of three terms designed to be a rigorous training with an emphasis on the core skills, standards and expectations to work as a performer at a professional level.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Develop your core technique through weekly classes in voice and movement studies
- Study and gain a broader knowledge of a variety of historical and contemporary practitioners
- Take a role in 3 professionally produced and directed performances including a showcase
- Improve your acting skills and refine your audition technique
- Take part in workshops and master classes from visiting theatre companies and directors
- Gain LAMDA qualifications
- Undertake a study of a musical instrument
- Take part in optional dance classes and workshops provided by Dance East
Work and Study
Our 1YPD course commences in September and you will be expected to attend 3 days a week (normally around 7 hours a day) as It is fully expected that you will want to work alongside your studies.
For 2014 - 2015 course fees will be £5000.
- 100% Audition -You will be required to perform 2 contrasting speeches (one classical one contemporary)
- Students must be aged 17+ before they begin the course
- Ability to pay fees (there are no government grants available to fund this course therefore students must be privately financed)
- To book an audition slot please fill in the form below or contact us: [email protected] 07798631254